Piapot Child and Family services is currently seeking a Program Generalist to join Piapot First Nations in exploring the readiness to exercise Piapot jurisdiction over Child and Family Services (CFS). Developing Child and Family Service programs and assisting in implementation of Programs and ensure Family, Child and Youth needs are met. This position will be under the supervision of the Prevention Coordinator and will receive direction and guidance from the Prevention Coordinator, PNFS Director, and Chief and Council.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Plan, prepare, and facilitate community-based programs, projects and events as assigned according to workplans, budgets, and funding requirements to meet prevention objectives
- Maintain program and attendance records
- Develop and maintain appropriate mentoring relationships with participants
- Responsible for contractors, volunteers, facilitators when they come out to our community
- Overseeing the youth and band members during programming
- Manage programs that will occur during work hours, evenings and weekends
- Implement, and ensure compliance with prevention policies and practices
- Transport participants in company vehicles
- Clean and organize program spaces and supplies
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Experience working with and supervising all age groups (children, youth, adult).
- Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Experience in facilitating community-based programs.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of First Nations Culture.
- Experience in working in First Nations communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations issues such as Residential Schools, Sixties Scoop and Government policy on First Nations.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations Child and Family Services.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Current CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Check
Hours: Part-time position. Evening and weekend hours. Schedule will be set by shifts offered by Prevention Coordinator.
Term: Contract available until March 31, 2024 with possibility of extension.
DEADLINE: Friday, June 16th, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references to:
T’Kaela Gerl, Child and Family Service Director
ATTENTION: Human Resources
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner SK S0G 1K0
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.