Communication with our members helps create a better relationship and builds trust.
Functions of the communications department include:
- Managing the website and social media, including working with website developers, posting regular social media updates and engaging with the community on your social media channels.
- Managing marketing materials, including brochures, newsletters and mailers.
- Working with other departments on promotions on social media.
- Overseeing media relations, including writing and distributing news releases, planning media events, responding to media inquiries and maintaining a media kit.
- Public speaking, including representing Piapot First Nation in public settings and preparing Chief & Council to speak at events such as news conferences and interviews.
- Creating and implementing an annual communications plan, often in conjunction with other departments.
- Overseeing internal communications, including internal announcements and training.