We currently have a Post-Secondary Coordinator position to join the Piapot Band Administration team on a full-time basis. The Piapot First Nation offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, and pension.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and administer the Post-secondary Student Support program polices and procedures within budget and funding requirements.
- Working with post-secondary students to ensure that all applications and policies are understood and followed.
- Administer the delivery of Post-Secondary Student Support program and services through ISC policy and procedure manual.
- Maintain an accurate up-to-date filing system, database for PFN sponsored students and create a resource library for scholarships, bursaries, and training programs.
- Monitor student progress and provide advice and guidance to potential students.
- Provide advocacy and liaison services to enable students to reach their career goals
- Administer the Skills Link Mentorship Program, including developing the program budget, coordinating placement, authorizing expenses, and completing all ISC reporting requirements.
- Administer the Summer Student Work Experience Program, including developing the program budget, coordinating placement, authorizing expenses, and completing all SITAG reporting requirements.
- Possess excellent communication skills both orally and written to deal effectively with fellow employees, band membership, the general public.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid Driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
About the Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience of progressively responsible management experience preferably in the community, social service sector or with Indigenous organizations.
- Class 5 Drivers License.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- You will also have exceptional communication, time management and prioritization skills.
DEADLINE: May 10, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position; please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume, copies of credentials, and three work-related references to:
Piapot First Nation-Human Resources General Delivery
Zehner, SK S0G 5K0
Fax: 781-4853 Email: HR@piapotnation.com
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.