Under the direct supervision of the Prevention Supervisor, this position is responsible for prevention case work with the department of Child and Family Services. This position will assist in the well-being of the children of the Piapot First Nation within the administrative policies and procedures established and directed by the Prevention Supervisor.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Interview clients to assess their current situation and challenges.
- Coordinate referrals, support and provide guidance to prevention clients.
- Assist and recommend what services and additional supports the client needs are.
- Review reports of an alleged case of abuse or neglect and report to proper authorities
- Plan and coordinate services to help children and their families in collaboration with the prevention supervisor.
- Process the paperwork and outline the investigation and the resulting actions that were taken for preventative action.
- Advocate for the best interests of the children of Piapot First Nation.
- Seek opportunities and partnerships to maximize community-based support for families.
- Facilitate the involvement of Elders and traditional people into the Programming for CFS.
- Effectively communicate with families and be responsive to client needs for CFS.
- Schedule visits with clients and follow through with case management.
- Maintain good communication with families.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain documentation, records, and systems that are essential components of good project management that demonstrates services are being delivered.
- Any other duties as required and assigned by immediate supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Child and Youth Services, Indigenous Social Work, or a related field.
- Minimum one to two (1-2) years of experience in Child and Youth Services, Child Welfare, or social services industry would be preferred.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to utilize an electronic case management system.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Able to attain and maintain a clear criminal record including a Vulnerable Sector check.
DEADLINE: Friday October 27, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references to:
ATTENTION: Human Resources
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner SK S0G 1K0
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.