Piapot is looking for a Physical Education Teacher to join the Chief Payepot School team on a full-time basis starting September 2023. The Piapot First Nation offers a competitive salary and a benefit package.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Ability to work in co-operation with education staff in a team environment.
- Possess excellent communication skills both orally and written to deal effectively with fellow employees, band membership, the general public.
- Oversees the development and coordination of the student athletics and is also responsible for ensuring Chief Payepot School has access to safe, system standard phys-ed equipment.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Cree Language, Culture and Traditions would be an asset.
- Applicants must submit a criminal record check with the vulnerable sector upon application.
- Possess a valid Driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Preferred graduate of a university degree in kinesiology or equivalent degree or other related discipline.
- Preferred minimum of 2-3 years of related experience.
- Expertise in verbal and written communication, facilitation, and presentations
- Must submit a current valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable sector check
DEADLINE: June 16th, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references:
ATTENTION: Human Resources
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner SK S0G 1K0
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.