About the Opportunity:
Nehiyaw-Pwat Awasiskamik (Piapot Daycare HeadStart) is looking for a Childcare Worker with patience, compassion, and a love for children. Under the supervision of the Director, the Childcare Worker’s role will vary depending on a child’s needs and age.
The Childcare Worker is responsible for maintaining a fun and safe environment for children, monitoring children while in daycare, and enforcing good behavior. Experienced childcare workers teach children new skills while supporting their educational needs. They must love interacting with children and be able to think on their feet and have experience working with toddlers and infants. In this role they will be required and responsible for feeding toddlers and infants, playing, and reading to them, changing diapers or helping with potty training, and also maintaining clear communication with parents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor the safety of the children.
- Supervise and engage children in age-appropriate activities (and have the stamina to keep up)
- Change diapers and clothing for infants and toddlers
- Feed babies and toddlers
- Prepare light meals or snacks for older kids.
- Clean play areas and surfaces (or help children do it)
- Help children maintain proper hygiene (like handwashing)
- Provide simple discipline.
- Possess good decision-making skills.
- Communication skills, including persuasion and mediation.
- Safe driving record and some driving experience
- Educational background, or at least the ability to engage the children in age-appropriate learning experiences that are both interesting and fun.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to cook, knowledge of nutrition and kitchen safety.
- Keeping records relating to childcare.
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
- High School Diploma, Level 1 ECE or equivalent.
- More experience working with children may be required or preferred.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Certifications, or training may be beneficial or required. (e.g., Record of immunizations, medical certificate, CPIC, First Aid and CPR, WHMIS and Safe Food Handling)
- Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Exceptional communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 20, 2023 @4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references to:
Or by Mail:
ATTENTION: Human Resources
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner SK S0G 1K0
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.