About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation (PFN) is located northeast of Regina, with a population of approximately nine hundred members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance in our daily operations.
The main functions of the Peacekeeper shall be responsible to observe, report, and monitor activities in the areas of community buildings, businesses, roads, and providing safety to Piapot First Nation. Report potential conflicts or suspicious situations and follow procedures and protocol to request emergency services. Responsible to relay information and messages to and from emergency sites, determine the nature and location of the emergency if first on scene or directed by the Security Manager. It is very important to maintain confidentiality of all operations and ensure Piapot Peacekeepers is represented in a positive manner within the community. Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in the Piapot First Nation Personnel Policies and Procedures for all employees. Complete all other duties as assigned by Administration or immediate supervisor.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Respond to all Emergencies including, automobile & Industrial, and others.
- Prepare security reports with legitimacy and detail.
- Follow proper protocols and directives when attending to emergency calls or scene.
- Ensure Protective Safety Equipment is used in a safe manner and deficiencies reports immediately.
- Educate the public on responsibilities of the Peacekeepers.
- Maintain a level of physical fitness and endurance.
- Assist as members of Trauma or Emergency Response Team to provide Paramedical Aid to accident victims.
- Document incidents and ensure reports are properly written submitted and communicated.
- Operate Peacekeepers vehicles – must have a valid class 5 Drivers license.
- Follow all radio & emergency procedures including reporting to the R.C.M.P as needed.
- Respond to all emergencies within Piapot First Nation lands and/or other jurisdictions as required.
- Ensure that safety and emergency procedures are followed.
- Monitor all Piapot First Nation buildings every hour during shift.
- Operation of the Peacekeeper truck: must be an employee at all times.
- Ensure emergency vehicles and work area is clean at all times and reporting any required maintenance.
- Provide Search and Rescue aid.
- Peacekeeper shall conduct checks and rounds of routes and designated posts.
- Check if buildings are secure and report suspicious activity.
- Other duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Background must include knowledge and experience in the Security/Peacekeeper field
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and reading skills
- The applicant must have the following: Security Certificate, First Aid/CPR, and WHMIS
- Security training is an asset
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Clear criminal, vulnerable sector, and driver’s abstract checks
DEADLINE: Friday, September 15th, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references to:
ATTENTION: Human Resources
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner SK S0G 5K0
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.