We currently have two exciting Elementary school teaching opportunities (Grade 7/8 class and Grade 9) tojoin the Chief Payepot School team on a full-time basis starting September 2023.The Piapot First Nation offers a competitive salary and a benefit package.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Classroom management and behavioral skills experience fostering a supportive environment.
- Ability to work in co-operation with education staff in a team environment.
- Possess excellent communication skills both orally and written to deal effectively with fellow employees, band membership, the general public.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Cree Language, Culture and Traditions would be an asset.
- Applicants must submit a criminal record check with the vulnerable sector upon application.
- Possess a valid Driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
In order to qualify for this role,
- Have a Bachelor of Education Degree, a valid Saskatchewan Professional Teaching Certificate and a minimum of 2-3 years of related experience.
- Piapot First Nation is looking for motivated, passionate Teachers who would like to join our cultural and energetic team for a rewarding experience in our First Nation community.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Expertise in verbal and written communication, facilitation, and presentations
- Must submit a current valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable sector check
DEADLINE: June 16th, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references:
ATTENTION: Human Resources
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner SK S0G 1K0
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.