We are currently seeking a Community Power Representative to join Piapot First Nation. Reporting to the Housing Manager. The Community Power Representative is responsible for being the technical support for the community to help reduce power use in the home, while being the conduit for the community to work with SaskPower and address common issues and challenges including high bills and payment plans. The Community Power Representative will be an ambassador of the Piapot First Nation and members to SaskPower, educating SaskPower about Piapot First Nation culture and will also serve as an ambassador of SaskPower in the community, promoting SaskPower services, policies and processes. The Community Power Representative must be a member of the community.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Lead/participate in the installation of power reduction measures in the home
- Support community members in understanding SaskPower bills, payment options and facilitate the process where appropriate and feasible
- Support contract meter reading function in the community
- Grow the role into learning about building science and how to maintain homes for optimal power use
- Grow the role into learning about future community energy activities and become a foundational participant in developing and executing on the community energy plan
- Monitor, analyze and communicate emerging issues, risks and opportunities to community leadership and SaskPower relationship manager
- Prepare and maintain reports to demonstrate established processes and policies are being followed, planned activities are occurring and results are being achieved
- Assist in the development and delivery of related programs and support services
- Support SaskPower led community engagement activities, including community support and workshops
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Degree or Diploma in Community Relations or Business and/or 2 or more years experience in a customer relations function
- Experience working with external government agencies is an asset
- Strong attention to detail and diligent follow through
- Strong bias to serve others; passionate about making a difference
- Courage of conviction, tenacity and high resiliency in challenging environments
- Strong communicator with good interpersonal skills, demonstrated diplomacy and sound ability in conflict management and negotiation
- A multi-tasker, with strong planning and organizational skills
- An open mind and collaborative approach to trying new things
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
DEADLINE: Friday, April 14, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references to:
ATTENTION: Human Resources
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner SK S0G 1K0
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.