About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation (PFN) is located northeast of Regina, with a population of approximately nine hundred members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance in our daily operations.
- Guard and implement security measures to protect property against theft, vandalism and fire, control access to establishments, maintain order and enforce regulations at public events and within establishments.
- Monitor and patrol Piapot Band Office, Payepot School, Piapot Band Hall, Piapot Health Clinic, Payepot Daycare, Water treatment plant, Piapot Green Building/Fill station.
- Conduct private/property investigations for Piapot First Nations and provide other protective services not elsewhere classified.
- Ability to protect confidential information, maintain high professional standards and commit to good judgment and discretion
- Complete reports and ensure site are running smoothly
- Monitoring a CCTV command station
- Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
- Professional and ethical conduct in interactions
- Commit to working with a strong team of security personnel
- Emergency Preparedness: Provide immediate assistance for all critical incident responses
- Coordinate and communicate with various stakeholders including the Band administration, public, and security team
- Adhere to program policies, procedures, and standards
- Attend meetings as requested by Manager
- Maintain patrol logs and update on computer
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, and computers
- Answer phones and check emails
Knowledge and Experience:
- The Security Personnel must have security training or certificate
- Grade 10 and must possess valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle and must submit current criminal record check.
- The Security Personnel must have prior security experience.
- Proven supervisory/leadership experience considered an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid First Aid/CPR considered an asset
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing and observation skills
- Ability to multi-task, priorities and maintain focus
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge/previous experience managing OHS
- Previous experience working with CCTV footage
- Also, an asset is experience and knowledge and understanding of Piapot First Nations language, culture, traditions, and social issues.
- Travel to work in all weather conditions
- Work irregular or extended hours to complete shifts, special requests, and/or reports
- Spend extended hours sitting in vehicle, using office equipment, and attending meetings.
- Ability to lift 23 kg (about 51 lb.)
- The Environment requires periods of time outdoors in various weather conditions such as cold weather.
- Shift work operating on 24-hour schedule.
- Must be aware of all Piapot First Nation business in the communities along with relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Must be prepared to deal with emergencies and stressful situations at any time.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, cover letter and three current references to:
ATTENTION: Deverell Crowe
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants who express interest in the employment opportunity; however, preference is given to First Nation applicants who self-identify.