About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation (PFN) is located northeast of Regina, with a population of approximately nine hundred members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance in our daily operations.
We are currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator to join Piapot First Nation. The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include grader, backhoe, excavator, mower, tractor, and other equipment to perform road maintenance, excavations, snow removal, garbage site clean-up, etc. The Heavy Equipment Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies, and procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks, including daily lubrication
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required, including removing personal belongings and trash from cab and wiping up spills etc.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participate in routine maintenance, transport and deliver materials
- Practice workplace safety
- Accurate and thorough completion of time sheets
- Accurate and thorough completion of daily circle check reports for all equipment operated
- Report all near misses and incidents to management in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
- Knowledge of operation of grader, backhoe, mower, tractor and other pieces of equipment
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques
- Knowledge of excavation techniques and job site traffic flows
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of record keeping system
- Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures
- Ability to operate single axel trucks in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to perform various physical tasks such as heavy lifting
- Ability to perform general and preventative maintenance such as changing oil, blades, etc.
- Team building
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to read and write to record and maintain daily records
- Ability to take direction and work with minimum supervision
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
*** It is preferred that heavy equipment operators have their class 1A or 3A license, however it is not required.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references to:
ATTENTION: Deverell Crowe
Acting/Community Infrastructure Manager
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.