About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation (PFN) is located northeast of Regina, with a population of approximately nine hundred members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance in our daily operations.
We are currently seeking a Custodian to join Piapot First Nation. Reporting to the Community Infrastructure Manager, the Custodian will provide custodial services to the Band Hall.
- Establish and maintain open communication with event organizers and the membership.
- Conduct housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain a clean and sanitized environment for staff and the public.
- Complete regular inventory of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Assist the Community Infrastructure Manager in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by promptly reporting any existing and/or potential workplace hazards.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of work and public areas after Band Hall events.
- Ensure washrooms are swept, cleaned, sanitized and stocked with soap and paper towels.
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces, door handles, tables, etc.
- Daily inspections of the facilities and equipment and
- Review daily, the Booking Calendar of events
- Maintain and establish an inventory of tools, equipment, materials
- Clean the floor after each event, including the use of a secondary rinse mop
- Vacuuming and shampooing carpeting and rugs as scheduled or as required
- Disposing of trash
- Changing air filters and cleaning air vents
- Waxing floors as scheduled
- Disinfecting surfaces, including desktops and shelves
- Using heavy-duty cleaning equipment, such as floor buffers and commercial vacuums
- Keeping all building access points free of garbage, debris, dirt and snow.
- In the summer keeping the outside area clean and welcoming by keeping the grass mowed and weeds wacked.
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or a combination of relevant training and work experience.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Good organization skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of the staff and public.
- A combination of relevant training and work experience.
- Hard working, reliable, observant, and positive attitude.
- Ability to take direction and meet expectations
- Loves our community.
DEADLINE: Monday, November 28, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references to:
ATTENTION: Deverell Crowe
Acting/Community Infrastructure Manager
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: email@example.com
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.