About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation (PFN) is located northeast of Regina, with a population of approximately nine hundred members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance in our daily operations.
- Answer telephone, direct calls and take messages;
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail;
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing mail is recorded electronically accurately;
- Monitor inventory and order materials, supplies and services;
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing and database systems, either manually or using a computer;
- Compile, copy, sort and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities;
- Maintain and update external contacts;
- Operate and maintain office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, mail machines and personal computers;
- Ensure meeting minutes and records are filed and stored in a secure location;
- Ensure electronic and computerized administration records are backed up daily/weekly;
- Provide administrative services when requested by other departments.
- Coordinate and participate in the development of finance and accounting administrative procedures;
- Make travel arrangements for office personnel;
- Process and prepare documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports;
- Maintain manual and computerized weekly staff attendance log.
- Maintain approved program policies, procedures, and standards;
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiencies of the administration department;
- Distribute correspondence in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the development, implementation, and coordination of the strategic plan;
- Attend meetings as requested by the Band Administrator.
Knowledge and Experience:
- The Receptionist must have a formal education in office administration, recognized secretarial certification or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must be willing to travel and must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle and must submit a current Criminal Record Check.
- The Receptionist must have experience in transcribing/recording functions. Also, an asset is experience and knowledge and understanding of Piapot First Nations language, culture, traditions and social issues.
- Travel to work in all weather conditions;
- Work irregular or extended hours to complete specials, projects and/or reports;
- Spend extended hours sitting, using office equipment, and attending meetings.
- The Piapot First Nation Office is a busy-fast paced facility where considerable activity takes place;
- The Receptionist will manage a variety of tasks at one time, and may be interrupted frequently;
- The environment requires excellent organizational, time management and stress management skills to complete tasks required;
- The Receptionist will manage a variety of priorities at one time;
- Must be aware of all Piapot First Nation business in the communities along with relevant legislation, policies, and procedures;
- Must be prepared to deal with emergencies and stressful situations at any time.
DEADLINE: Friday, December 2, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, cover letter and three current references to:
ATTENTION: Deverell Crowe
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who express interest in the employment opportunity; however, preference is given to First Nation applicants who self-identify.