About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation (PFN) is located northeast of Regina, with a population of approximately nine hundred members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance in our daily operations.
Job Summary: We are currently seeking a Prevention Coordinator to join Piapot First Nations in exploring the readiness to exercise Piapot jurisdiction over Child and Family Services (CFS) and in developing the Child and Family Service programs prior to entering into coordination and agreement discussions. This position will be under the supervision of the Piapot Director of CFS and will receive direction and guidance from the CFS Director, Chief and Council and the Capacity Building Advisory Committee. This position is responsible for the management, delivery, and development of the family, youth, and children’s social, recreational, and cultural programming.
- Plan and implement community-based programs, projects and events as assigned according to workplans, budgets, and funding requirements to meet prevention objectives.
- Complete and submit program internal and external reporting, as necessary.
- Participate in overall policy development and decision making as a member of the Management Team.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and mentor program staff, contractors, and volunteers in their duties.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with prevention policies and practices.
- Authorize bi-weekly timesheets and time off requests of program staff.
- Manage prevention budgets and expenditures.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Certificate/Diploma or higher in a related field such as Social Work, Human Justice, Community Development, Education, or related fields.
- Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication.
- Prior experience within human services (3+ Years)
- Prior experience working in management (1+ Years)
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Current CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Knowledge of First Nations Culture.
- Knowledge of Act 92.
- Knowledge of First Nation policies and legislations, Saskatchewan Child and Family Services Act, the FSIN Child Welfare and Family Support Act, Policy and Procedures Manual for Family Centered Services (MSS), and other legislation;
- Experience in working in First Nations communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations issues such as Residential Schools, Sixties Scoop and Government policy on First Nations.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations Child and Family Services.
- Knowledge of the Provincial Child and Family Services Act.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00. Annual salary dependent on experience and education.
Term: Contract available till March 31, 2023, with possibility of extension.
DEADLINE: Thursday, September 22, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, cover letter and three current references to:
ATTENTION: T’Kaela Gerl
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who express interest in the employment opportunity; however, preference is given to First Nation applicants who self-identify.