About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation (PFN) is located northeast of Regina, with a population of approximately nine hundred members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance in our daily operations.
- Support and carry out all Human Resource operations of Piapot First Nation in accordance with Piapot First Nation Personnel Policy
- Maintain and administer Piapot First Nation Personnel policies and procedures
- Maintain all personnel files
- Establish, maintain, and monitor personnel files ensuring confidentiality
- Assists the Band Administrator, Department Coordinators on administrative directives received from PFN Chief and Council
- Professional development activities to enhance the employee’s understanding and efficiency in Human resources
- Ensure that HR matters follow PFN Employment Policies and Procedures
- Monitor the PFN and Dept employees’ contracts to ensure they are in compliant with relevant employment agreements/contracts/laws/policies
- Remain current on all relevant legislation and compliance
- Labour code and Employment standards act (2000), Workers Compensation Act, Income Tax act.
- Administer, Monitor, Maintain the PFN Employee Group Benefit Plan
- Enrollment and de-enrolment of all staff within timely manner
- Completion of all required internal and external pensions and benefits reports
- Completion/Presentations of staffing reports and HR Updates to the PFN Chief and Council
- Undertake measures necessary to ensure that the organization provides a healthy and safe environment for all its employees
- Provide input to the strategic plan and participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the strategic plan
- Support the development, implementation, and coordination of the strategic plan
- Facilitate the exchange of information between Piapot First Nation Chief and Council and Piapot First Nation administration
Knowledge and Experience:
- The Human Resource Coordinator must have formal education in Business Administration and/or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- The Human Resource Coordinator must have one to 3 years’ experience in the field of Administration. Also required is knowledge and understanding of Piapot First Nations language, culture, traditions, and social issues.
- Travel to work in all weather conditions
- Work irregular or extended hours to complete special requests, projects and/or reports
- Spend extended hours sitting, using office equipment, and attending meetings
- The Piapot First Nation Office is a busy-fast paced facility where considerable activity takes place
- The Human Resources Coordinator is required to manage several tasks at one time, priorities, and projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently
- The environment requires excellent organizational, time management and stress management skills to complete tasks required
- The Human Resources Coordinator will manage a variety of priorities at one time
- Must be aware of all Piapot First Nation business in the communities along with relevant legislation, policies, and procedures
- Must be prepared to deal with emergencies and stressful situations at any time
DEADLINE: Thursday, August 25, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, cover letter and three current references to:
ATTENTION: Deverell Crowe
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who express interest in the employment opportunity; however, preference is given to First Nation applicants who self-identify.