Under the supervision of the Piapot Band Administrator, the Director of Piapot Family Services is responsible for overseeing the management, administration and delivery of all Piapot Family Services and Programs to ensure that the needs of the Piapot First Nation members are met in a reasonable, effective, responsible and in an efficient manner. This position will be responsible for the overall planning, directing, leading and monitoring of the program, services and financial operations of the Piapot Family Services.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Lead and direct all administration and financial operations of Piapot Family Services in accordance with Piapot First Nation finance policy.
- Responsible for the submission of the annual budgets, quarterly budget reviews, and reporting on expenditures to stakeholders and the Finance department
- Authorizing expenditures as per Piapot First Nation finance policy.
- Ensure policies and procedures are applied and enforced.
- Prepare and maintain program budgets to ensure financial management practices are conducted within relevant Piapot First Nation finance policy and procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the funding agreements with all levels of government.
- Manage and supervise Piapot Family Services personnel which includes annual performance reviews, professional development; hiring, disciplinary actions and termination.
- Recruitment and hiring of Piapot Family Services personnel in accordance with Piapot First Nation policies and practices.
- Manage performance, coach, monitor and take corrective action as required with Piapot Family Services personnel.
- Manage, implement and align with the strategic planning of Piapot Family Services which will include all Piapot Family Services personnel and their annual work plans.
- Evaluate and report the effectiveness of administration, finance and member programs and delivery for Piapot Family Services.
Program and Service Delivery
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, including child protection, labour, privacy, and human rights (Act Respecting First Nations, Inuit, Metis Youth and Families, Child and Family and Community Services Act and more)
- Oversees day-to-day operations of Prevention, First Nations Representative, and Capacity Building and future developed positions
- Ensure program funds are expended appropriately and program budgets are managed in a responsible and ethical manner.
- The Director will be responsible for developing its own legislation laws under Bill C-92 to become its own entity.
- Strong negotiation abilities, informed about Federal and Provincial initiatives in relation to First Nation Agencies.
- The Director will be responsible for managing and maintaining the relationship between the Ministry, Piapot Family Services and Piapot First Nation to ensure fair and equitable services are provided for the community.
- The Director will be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and coordination of the Piapot Family Services strategic plan.
- Responsible for reporting to the Band Administrator, Chief and Council of Piapot First Nation.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Business Administration, Commerce or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- A Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to travel, possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Must submit a current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must be a team player who demonstrates strong leadership skills and capabilities.
- Must have an understanding of the social and cultural issues within a First Nation community.
- Must possess and maintain CPR/First Aide certification.
DEADLINE: Friday October 27th, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references to:
ATTENTION: Human Resources
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner SK S0G 1K0
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.