We are currently seeking a First Nation Representative to join Piapot First Nations in exploring the readiness to exercise Piapot jurisdiction over Child and Family Services (CFS) and in developing the Child and Family Service programs prior to entering into coordination and agreement discussions. This position will be under the supervision of the Piapot Director of CFS and will receive direction and guidance from the CFS Director, Chief and Council and the Capacity Building Advisory Committee.
- Serve as the main contact between a First Nation and child and family service providers;
- Ensuring that child and family service providers address the needs of First Nations children, youth, and families;
- Building and maintaining meaningful cultural, family, and community connections for First Nations children, youth, and families involved with the child and family services system.
- Facilitating the reunification of First Nations children and youth in care with their family
- Supporting First Nations children, youth, and families involved/at risk of involvement with the child and family services system outside of their home communities, including working across different regions and jurisdictions;
- Supporting First Nation youth and young adults with post-majority care;
- Participating in child and family services administrative and court proceedings;
- Accessing legal resources to represent the First Nations interests in child and family services administrative and court proceedings
- Receiving and responding to notices under provincial, territorial, and federal child and family services law;
- Helping family access prevention supports;
- Supporting customary care; kinship care, and alternative care arrangements;
- Providing or arranging alternative dispute resolution (circle processes, Indigenous approaches)
- Monitoring agreements with child and family services providers pertaining to individual children, youth, and families;
- Participating in the development and monitoring of services plans with child and family service providers (safety planning, permanency planning, after care plans, youth transition/ post-majority care plans)
- Complete and submit program internal and external reporting, as necessary.
- Participate in overall policy development and decision making as a member of the Management Team.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with First Nations Representative policies and practices.
- Manage First Nations Representative budgets and expenditures.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Certificate/Diploma or higher in a related field such as Social Work, Human Justice, Law, or related fields.
- Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication.
- Prior experience within human services (3+ Years)
- Prior experience working in management (1+ Years)
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Current CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Knowledge of Act 92.
- Knowledge of First Nation policies and legislations, Saskatchewan Child and Family Services Act, the FSIN Child Welfare and Family Support Act, Policy and Procedures Manual for Family Centered Services (MSS), and other legislation;
- Experience in working in First Nations communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations issues such as Residential Schools, Sixties Scoop and Government policy on First Nations.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations Child and Family Services.
- Knowledge of the Provincial Child and Family Services Act.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
Salary: $65,000.00-$80,000.00. Annual salary dependent on experience and education.
Term: Contract available till March 31, 2023, with possibility of extension.
DEADLINE: Thursday, September 22, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, cover letter and three current references to:
ATTENTION: T’Kaela Gerl
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who express interest in the employment opportunity; however, preference is given to First Nation applicants who self-identify.